Pathways of Life...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Living Today & Facing our Tomorrows....

Life is too short to wake up with regrets...


So, love the people who treat you right and..... forget the one's who don't.



Believe that everything happens for a reason.



If you get a second chance in life....grab it with both hands....and if it CHANGES your life
...let it...and enjoy the ride.




Nobody has promised us that life would be easy....just that it WOULD be WORTH IT.


I have often found that we seldom appreciate the miraculous beauty of the awesome morning 'Sunrise'...if we sleep through it...or if we wait constantly crying in the darkness. :-( The early bird gets the worm....and a half of a worm is better.... than no worm at all when you are hungry. ;-D My precious Mother used to say this and jillions of Biblical and old pioneering phrases that have all 'proven to be soooo true' throughout my life. I treasure my memories of her constant 'quotes' of wisdom, humor and scriptures.


I read this the other day and absolutely laughed myself to pieces because in my SENIOR years I live daily with dear ones that I truly enjoy.... but many fit the following.

People who wear 'their own halo...a wee bit tooo tight....gives everybody else a headache. ;-)
Some people are so conceited that they think that God changes his 'opinions to suit their needs'.
While conceit often 'refreshes' the individual....it also makes everybody else sick. ha ha How true, how true! (I am with many, many college professors, retired pastors, top musicians and teachers....lovely people...but sometimes...OMGosh. Believe me, I truly speak little and just listen. ha ha I have to also add ....these are not my chosen/closest friends...just associates. ha ha (often--so sad--- age makes people forget the meaning of 'grace', wisdom and good manners....that they used to abide by professionally...and don't as they grow older....but I have to admit that they ARE entertaining. haha)

I find the following to be cute to remind myself to laugh and move on as well because:
If....and when....we turn 'green with envy'....you can bet we are RIPE for trouble to hit....in the long run of things....very often the 'less' that people know....the more certain they are that they are right. ;-D And, equally so, the Bible tells us plainly that it is foolish to argue with a fool, lest you reflect your own foolishness. hahaha Isn't God smart.
However, I continuiously have to say.... that 'Life still beautiful....even when there are warts, moles, trolls and holes". I am so glad to BE Alive...to BE able to Laugh, to listen...in silence or with a giggle. It is a great blessing to treasure. Have a great day.
Lord, help us all endure the things that we don't understand...because YOU first loved us...and still do. "I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities." Psalm 31:7 Don't allow others to steal away your joy.
'A merry heart doeth good like a medicine'....so choose to laugh today & everyday with blessings. ;-D

No comments: