Pathways of Life...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday to our First Granddaughter...

Can it be possible? Our first Granddaughter...is now 9 years old...and looks, well I'll leave that up to you. Mercy...it seems that it was ONLY yesterday that she was a tiny infant. Today, I set this blog aside just to honor her. She is most deserving of the "highlights and blessings' of having her 'cutie' picture to be posted on Grandma GG's blog!




Kori is special to me...not just because she is our first...but that she is a remarkable young lady that is constantly asking me, "Grandma GG, can I help you with cooking....in the kitchen...always there for me."




I love remembering back to when she was just a little thing....her first 3 or 4 years, she always LOVED coming to stay with me. And her 'favorite position' for me and her....was me stretched out in my rocking recliner....and she PLANTED herself on my lap but also stretched herself on top of my legs. I was her mattress...ha ha...as we watched cartoons. She would FLOP...TURN...FLIP...but Grandma was not suppose to move. ha ha (ya know the mattress has to be firm and a good foundation). Yes, she has outgrown laying on Grandma GG's lap/legs (esp. since I had double knee replacement surgery ...ouch)...but she loves sitting on my lap whenever possible. Very meaningful for any Grandma...even when they out grow the ....hummm....foundation! ;-D


Since it is Kori's 9th birthday...it is only fair to have a picture of her Mom and Daddy, our son, Dewayne and his wife, Kelleye....cozy and cute.
This is one of my FAVORITE pictures of Kori as a baby. She is wearing HER DADDY'S own 'baby Santa Suite" that he wore as a baby...that Grandma saved for JUST THIS MOMENT...the first grandchild. ;-)
Aunt Jana also wore this darling little suit as a baby. (we even have the baby blue suit that Me Ma Seeley saved from Pop-pa when he was a baby... to be used for the grandkids....but we forgot to do this :- (---so sad. It would have been neat to have 3 generations represented in the same little infant clothing.)
But...One question about the above photo...."Do you think this baby could possibly have ...maybe...just a few too many STUFFED animals...hahahaha? Absolutely love this photo, Kori does too!
Kori's first date. Dad and Daughter Dance this last year. (I love this) She is reading Dad's "Love Letter" to her. ;-)
Happy 9th Birthday, Kori. Sweet Kisses...Sweet hugs...sweet nothings-- yet sweet everything to you, our beloved Miss Kori. May our loving God...Jesus Christ...forever guide your thoughts...all your actions...all your blessings and may you in return also forever honor, praise HIM and try your best to follow His guidelines as He teaches in your own personal Bible. May you always know where to turn when sad or bad times come into your life.
Kori, May all your dreams and prayers come true and become a blessings. May you always keep that awesomely BEAUTIFUL dimpled smile of yours...may that smile be used to help you through the tearful times that comes to everyone. But more importantly, Kori...may that beautiful smile of yours be used by you....to make OTHER people happy and smiling. Our greatest times of happiness comes when 'we make somebody else feel good'.
We love you so very much, Kori, may this little blog that we write in Honor of YOU...make you truly have the greatest of HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!! You are ALWAYS in our daily prayers for protection, guidance and your happiness.
Again....Happy 9th Birthday! Love, Granma GG and Poppa




3 comments:

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

OMG how adorable! I was just drifting by today - I can't wait for Kori to get home so I can show her! She will love this! This brings back good memories for me, some in which I could not unlock and get out of our storage to do pics of.. This is so great- Thanks!thanks Thanks!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

From Kori:

I saw your blog it is pretty. I love when you said "She loves to cooking in the kitchen"But I like coooking in the kitchen butI love you to much .I well follow you ever wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhere
you go. I will probly hide in the back of your car.IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloveyyyyyyyyyyyyyooou sssssssssssssssssssso mmmmmuch loveYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seeeeeeeee you later? I Hope so!!!! a liked you gave me with the ten dollar bill Thanks for that!!!!??? seeeeeeee yoooooooooooooooou later from kori:TO YOU

Glorious Expressions said...

Thank you both very much for reading and commenting on this. It is from the heart, so it is a real JOY to know that you took the time to read, answer with the sweet replies. Blessings, love and prayers...