Pathways of Life...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bitter Cold....Tiny Miracles


How does Mother Nature do it?
How do these teeny tiny pink flowers on these delicate velvet purple vines
survive 18 and 19 degrees of
weather...ice and horrendous winds? (mercy, I'm in the house and
wrapped up, sitting next to a heater and I'm almost wilted...lol)

Gigantic trees leaves curl up and die
at the first breath of cool Autumn chill? Science...God, Lord, tell us
the simple answer? What miracles they are!

Each day I am deeply amazed at
'the Wonders of Nature". (God's Goodness)


I love this little present that God sent 'just for me...because this awesome Texas Sunflower suddenly decided to come live in my flower bed in November and then BLOOM long after the first freeze. It powerfully seems to flourish even greater as the temperatures deepen (18 and 19 degrees, high cold winds...yet it stands, smiling each day while all of it's cousins 'met their maker' way back in September.

a
I'm equally amazed at the awesome beauty of CABBAGE...in flower beds of recent years and their remarkable beauty...and as said, "how DO they survive the horrible freezing temperatures?" Little tiny Pansy faces...that grace every frozen northern lawn...in the deep snow of winter.

Their remarkable FACE seems to get brighter and more vibrant in vast colors as the ice gets harder. Our God of creation must have had a real "party' when He designed all these beautiful array of colors and powerful plants of endurance. (Lord, help me be like these plants...strong, colorful, face the cold winds of life, the bitter things of life---that often make me fold over and beg to meet you sooner than Your plan is laid out.) :-o




Can anyone deny that THIS is beautiful...remarkable and a powerful representation of it's Creator? (pictures I recently took in Branson, Missouri...very cold...where all tourist questioned 'HOW".)
:-D God knows...so,

May YOU be blessed this day and everyday.
May we all gather encouragement from this simple thing ....as the ''tiny flower''... that is able to overcome the 'harshness' of the world around us. :-D


Let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed....And God saw that it was good.

1 comment:

PandaMom said...

I don't know how those things survive!! I was just thinking the same thing about little birds out my window this morning.....how do they survive??