Pathways of Life...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodbye to 2009...We Leave You Behind


Wow, another year... has come and passed,
With tons of joy and pain; .... all too fast.
Can it be...that a whole year has come and gone,
Can it be...that it has so quickly zapped and flown.

I look at my old calendar... resting upon my desk,
I review the events of the year... oh what a mess.
Each date is posted... tiny notes to remind,
Each with deeper stories....gladly left behind.

Yes, some memories are wonderful... and such a joy.
While others break my heart.... others simply annoy.
I deeply treasure all the good... it brings me great cheer.
I love reading back on the fun things... moments so dear.

But still there were sorrows... some so deep, it hurts to think.
To think of the horror, the pain... that drove me to the brink.
When I screamed out in prayer... yet not a single reply or word.
I listened constantly, faithfully....but little sound was heard.

I watched the horizon...I watched the skies,
I begged for answers...I got no replies,
Yet...deep within...my emotions remained,
Clinging tightly to my Spirit..... my soul retained.

The trials did not fade...they moved right along.
I had cried many tears...but it was time to move on.
My Spirit within, began moving... swishing wildly all about,
I began to realize, I STILL had BLESSINGS....beyond a doubt.


Slowly I moved, slowly was the process.... and each little change.
Slowly I challenged each day...and slowly my life to regain.
Gradually, I accepted the venue... that God placed on this year.
Yes, slowly I began to cherish the good... and erase each tear.

For I learned a long time ago,... my destiny I do not control,
That I just have 'this moment'....and that is my role.
For God hold the 'keys'... to all that comes into my life.
Regardless the joy, the pain...regardless the strife.

So, today, as I look back.... on this past year in time
I am thrilled to 'look forward' ....and leave this one behind. :-D
Again, I hold tight to the joys and treasures, ...each so sweet & dear.
But I've let go of those horrors.... and pray they never re-appear.

But if it IS in God's plan...be it sunshine, storms.... or horrific drenching rain
At least I have the experience and I now know... how to start over again
"He Restoreth My Soul"...Guides my path and "He carries me over the stormy sea"
So, I, Thank you, Lord for all your gifts;...as 2009 vanishes, much to my glee. :-D
Happy New Year, 2010...Let the Good Stuff BEGIN!!
(By: Gloria Helleson, His humbled Child)


May God Bless and bring the greatest of JOY, Health, Successs and Happiness to everyone that I know and love.


"I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord". Psalm 118:17










No comments: