Pathways of Life...

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Anchor Holds...in Spite of the STORM

Those of you that know me...know that I have Music for my blood veins. I love it, love it, love it.!!! It makes me laugh, cry, giggle and even carries me in it's arms.

To me..."this is WHY our beloved Lord and God created it!" He created every note...every instrument...to heal, help and guide....and sometimes even shame us. Wonder how many has ever thought about that part. hummm....especially in old Black spirituals?

But since none of us is perfect...God is bound to be smiling when he hears us worship him in 'our small ..maybe sometimes pitiful...voice of worship and praise'...even if 'off key' ha ha.....or maybe it may just be whistling an old Gospel song. As most believers know...we are created to worship Him...so what joy it is to love good music.

My husband and I support a number of local Christian musicians and groups from time to time and one our favorite female trios have some super neat CD's and a special favorite of mine on one of their CD's is.... "Somebody is Praying You Through".

You may be familiar with this old but renewed song, based on the old Black South Gospels as sung in the cotton fields in the many sad years of the past. But the words apply today in 2007 just as beautifully as they did back in the 1800's.

Like many...my precious Mother prayed me through my childhood...adult life and until her own death when she was almost 100 years old. An Awesome lady of laughter, few words--- but tons wisdom, understanding, compassion and love. Because of her...I have been blessed equally by prayers of family... but for almost 49 years...my beloved hubby.

So, yes...I am alive because ''Somebody was PRAYING ME THOUGH'. PTL.... and every person who took the time. As YOU read this blog..."I am Praying you 'through!' ~~~ :-) A special blessing on you and yours!

Also on that thought...another of my favorite songs made it to the top charts a few years ago and lately ....it keeps coming to mind .......because of "THINGS" in my life...mainly health.

I sing this song often... and even sang it on a CD for my kids because the words of the song are so perfect for a Christian's life~~when you try to do your best and evidently satan choses to do otherwise....ha ha

The smooth singer Ray Boltz won Dove awards for his beautiful song "The Anchor Holds.'' This song is so perfect when we are down and reaching up... 'begging' for God... to help us to 'Continue on"....to keep us from sinking... in the deep raging waters of life's ship wrecks, troubles and near death experiences.

Perhaps the words might also come at this time... to help you... to be lifted from something... today... or to look back to a certain time in your life when God saw your pain and suffering and helped you survive it all and..because of Him.... today you can endure, carry on....and even possibly find a smile. (& enjoy these words)

THE ANCHOR HOLDS.
I have journeyed...in the Dark night...out on the open Sea.
By Faith alone...sight unknown.....and Yet, HIS eyes are Watching Me.
The Anchor holds...tho the Ship is Battered---The anchor holds...the Sails are Torn.

I have Fallen on my knees...as I face the Raging Sea
The Anchor holds in Spite of the Storm!

Well, I've had visions---I've had Dreams---I've even held them in my hand.
But I Never Knew...they would slip right through---just like they were only Grains of Sand.

The Anchor holds, tho the ship is battered; the Anchor holds, the sails are torn.
I have fallen on my knees...as I face the raging sea.
But the Anchor holds--- in spite of the Storm!

I have been young---but I am older now
There have been beauties these eyes have seen,
But it was 'in the night'.....through the Storms of my life,
where GOD PROVED His love for me.

The Anchor holds....tho the Ship is Battered---the Sails all Torn...
I have fallen on my knees---as I face the raging seas.
But the Anchor holds - In Spite of the Storm !!!
***************************************************************************************
(aren't the words beautiful?) God is truly with us thru every Storm...even when we feel like we are drifting far, far out into the greater dangers...our "feelings'' don't rule... God Does!

Sooo, today---praise be to God, my Lord,~~~~ I certainly feel like singing! All praise songs...I luv-em-all. Singing at the top of my lungs.

Why...because as a twice removed.... Cancer survivor---last week I found ANOTHER knot! (a nightmare horror that no one can ever understand until they have been there...even tho you know....know....know...."Either Way I WIN" !!!)

Yesterday...God once again PROVED His power, love and promise...my testings and oncologist found that it was 'fluid' type cist....due to having the lymph nodes removed for the last (what was to be terminal)...cancer. They simply drained it and all testings also looked great.

So---yup....I am thrilled beyond words...singing...joyful. Hooray...hiphop hoe down, flip flop, cartwheels and tumbles...we are so happy and so blest.

I hope that this writing and my God given excitement & joy...GOD so graciously gave will....OVER FLOW and encourage you today in whatever situation that life has sent your way. (because there is not one soul on earth that doesn't have troubles---but sometimes they come/hit by the tons...life the 'flood waters' tornadoes and deaths that we have seen lately.

May you also have favorite songs that helps you carry the burden of life that come your way. And for most of my Blog reading buddies: you already know WHO the Anchor IS. ....and there is no Greater blessing!

Thee Great ''I AM".

(have a blessed day, everyday) & thanks for praying! His child, too. gloria)

1 comment:

Scott said...

Incredible word of encouragement. They came alive and brought me to tears as I was able to down load a version of the song. Amazing how God could speak to me today through someones voice and song lyrics.